Female, Male 1
- Provides Tier Two and Tire Three level network operational support services, which includes but is not limited to supporting large scale network installations, special projects, Operational Acceptance of new network environments, etc.
- Participates in Major Incident Management Calls and activities, identify network performance issues and trends with the help of network troubleshooting tools (e.g., Identifies failing network components, reviews firewall for blocks, tracing of network traffic).
- Coordinates resolution activities with IT groups across systems and platforms.
- Ability to create, review and interpret network diagrams, documentation, including policies and procedures.
- Work with Build organization to ensure smooth transition of new environments to the NOC(This includes validating the Documents, Diagrams, Alerts, etc)
- Complies with Information Technology & Information Security policies and procedures and ensures the services supported by the NOC staff are being compliant.
- Would be responsible for the lifecycle of Incident management, IT Problem Management, Change Management records. Would also be responsible for monitoring any records assigned to the team and ensure status are accurate and complete, and actions are on target. Proactively reviews related records to identify requests and prioritize issues that may have an impact on the network and overall business.
- Identifies potential opportunities and works to implement automation of manual tasks to improve the day to day operations of the NOC.
- Engages third parties for the maintenance of supported devices. And would be responsible for general vendor relationship.
- Mentors NOC staff and provide guidance to troubleshoots and resolves complex issues elevated from staff.
- Supports a Service Transition framework for NOC supported functions via review, creation and operational sign off of new or changed supported infrastructure. Assesses IT risks, dependencies, and conflicts.
- Staff Training: Responsible for scheduling, designing and implemented training sessions for the NOC staff as part of Service Transition duties.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or other related field required. Four to Six years related hands on experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Network experience with a financial organization is strongly preferred
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm while multi-tasking and working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Server hardware experience with Cisco UCS.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the following technologies: Cisco IOS, Linux OS, Juniper Junos, Cisco ACI, F5 Load Balancing, WAN, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC and AWS Direct Connect.
- Advanced experience working with the following platforms: Brocade Switches, Cisco platforms, Juniper routers, Cisco ASA Firewall, Palo Alto Firewall, Aruba Wi-Fi and F5 Big IP.
- NOC operations are considered a business critical function which requires flexibility by the candidate to meet business needs. This may include weekday, weekend, evening and remote support if required.
- Ability to work independently and accommodate various shifts in a 24x7x365 environment. Rotational on-call after hours support required
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certificate